My short story collection, tentatively titled ‘The Need for Better Regulation of Outer Space’, will be published in May 2015.
I’m one of the poets included in the recent anthology of new Scottish poetry Be the First to Like This published by Vagabond Voices. You can hear me reading some of these poems on Scottish Poetry Library’s stream on soundcloud.
I’ve had short stories and poems published in print magazines and online, including the following:
- ‘The Need for Better Regulation of Outer Space’ in Fractured West
- ‘Furthest South’ (available in both English and German) at CulturBooks
- ‘The voice-activated lift’ in The Scotsman
- ‘Turning’ in Leaf Book’s anthology “Naked Thighs and Cotton Frocks” and on Fickle Muses
- ‘Jacob and the Angel’ in the National Gallery of Scotland’s anthology “Inspired? Get Writing!”
- ‘The history of the universe’ and ‘The Competition for Immortality’ on Lablit
- ‘Hail Mary’ in the Ranfurly Review
- ‘The Sky Beneath’ in Ink, Sweat and Tears
- ‘Astronomy 101′ in Gutter
- ‘From the Unofficial History of the European Southern Observatory in Chile’ and ‘Physics for the Unwary Student’ in the science fiction poetry anthology Where Rockets Burn Through
- ‘Chile 1989′ in New Writing Scotland 30
I also write articles and non-fiction about the interaction between science and fiction.